Kershaw 1620NB Ken Onion Scallion Assisted Flipper Knife 2.25" Bead Blast Plain Blade, Navy Blue Aluminum Handles 1620NB Scallion, Navy Blue Kershaw Knives
This Scallion is wearing a coat of navy blue or—as some of us here at Kershaw call it, "shop coat blue." If you're looking to carry a pocketknife with a little color, but not too much, this new Scallion might be the one for you.Apart from its medium-blue handle scales, this Scallion shares features with the rest of the Scallion family. It has a compact, yet effective 2.25-inch blade, so it's the perfect size for pocket carry. The smaller blade takes on just about any task, but rates low on the intimidation factor. And at just 2.3 ounces, it won't weigh your pocket down either.The Scallion's high-carbon stainless steel blade offers good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The bead-blasted finish gives the blade a matte look and it's easy to maintain, too. The navy blue Scallion is easy to open when you need it, too, thanks to its SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism. With SpeedSafe, you just pull back on the ambidextrous flipper or push on the thumbstud and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. The navy blue Scallion's handle scales are anodized aluminum over steel liners. Anodizing not only enables the aluminum to take a scratch resistant color, but it actually strengthens the aluminum. For safety, the navy blue Scallion has a locking liner to keep it locked safely open and a Tip-Lock to keep it locked safely closed during transport. Whether you're a first-time Scallion owner or want to grow your collection, you're going to like this one.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Single-position pocketclip
- Steel: 420HC, bead-blasted finish
- Handle: 6060-T6 anodized aluminum
- Blade length: 2.25 in. (5.8 cm)
- Closed length: 3.5 in. (8.4 cm)
- Overall length: 5.75 in. (14.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Made in USA