Kershaw 1660CBBW Ken Onion Leek Assisted Flipper Knife 3" Blackwash Composite D2 Plain Blade and Stainless Steel Handles 1660CBBW Blackwash Ken Onion Leek with Composite Edge Kershaw Knives
The Leek drop point blade is made of a patent pending composite steel with a spine of 14C28N fused with a cutting edge of CPM-D2. The blade design shows the interface of the two steels. The thing to consider is that, if the entire blade was made of this super steel, it would cost 2 or 3 times what this knife costs. By combining the steels this way, you get all the benefit of the D2 steel, at this fantastic price.Sword makers have long known that the ideal blade is often a combination of different steels, each chosen for its unique properties. That’s the idea behind Kershaw’s composite blade knives, including the Composite Leek.The two steels in Kershaw’s new composite blade knives retain their individual qualities, yet interact with each other and work in concert. The patent-pending technology that makes the modern composite blade possible delivers exactly the type of steel you need where you need it. The Composite Leek offers the pocket-perfect size and styling of the Ken Onion Leek combined with the high-performance composite blade. It features the same two high-performance steels married in an even higher performance blade. The blade is paired with an all-stainless-steel handle for durability and good looks.The index trigger serves both as an ambidextrous opening aid and as a finger guard when the knife is open. With a simple push on the index trigger, the closed knife quickly springs open using The Ken Onion Speed Safe torsion bar technology to propel the blade to an open and locked position. The dual thumb studs serve as the positive stop for the blade. The notched thumb ramp of the blade provides a secure placement for the index finger or thumb to rest on during use. This awesome knife comes with Kershaw's BlackWash finish that gives this Leek an already-broken-in look, like your favorite pair of well worn jeans.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on one of the knives, it means it was made in their Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade length: 3" (7.5 cm)
- Closed length: 4" (10.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 7" (17.9 cm)
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Reversible (tip-up/tip-down) pocketclip
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N on the spine fused with a cutting edge of CPM-D2 tool steel, blackwash finish
- Handle: Stainless steel, blackwash finish
- Made in the USA