Kershaw 8310 Fringe Assisted Flipper 3" Ti Carbo-Nitride Drop Point Blade and Stainless Steel Handles with Carbon Fiber Insert 8310 Fringe Folding Knife Kershaw Knives
The Kershaw Fringe is out of the mainstream and anything but boring. With its gray titanium carbo-nitride coating on both blade and handle, as well as an attention-getting carbon-fiber insert, the Fringe is already a very attractive EDC. But it's the things you don't see at first glance that make it even better.To ensure a comfortable carry, Kershaw has thinned the back handle, making the Fringe lighter than you'd expect for an all-steel pocketknife. A deep-carry clip enables you to carry it securely in the pocket, yet access is easy when you need it. The blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, precision heat-treated by Kershaw to bring out its high-performance qualities. It takes and holds an edge well, then resharpens easily. The gray coating further protects the blade from corrosion and gives it a sophisticated look. The blade opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the flipper or built-in thumb stud.The Fringe's handle is titanium carbo-nitride coated in gray with a large carbon-fiber insert that catches the light—and catches the eye. The blade locks securely in place during use thanks to a sturdy frame lock. Black hardware completes the classy look.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.1" (10.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Ti Carbo-Nitride Coating
- Handle Material: Ti Carbo-Nitride Coated Stainless Steel with Carbon Fiber Insert
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: SpeedSafe Assist
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Down, Right Carry
- Weight: 3.5 oz. (101 g)
- Made in China